Alfresco was entirely written in Java that can be run in a standard Servlet container, such as Apache Tomcat or in JBoss. Alfresco also has many third-party open source Java libraries. We use many of these libraries for building extensions and customized solutions. Open source platform is more than sufficient to provide best of high available and scalable alfresco deployment.
Alfresco being an open source and standard product can be integrated with other content management application as well as in any business process. Following are the typical Alfresco integration scenarios:
- Authentication and directory services integration
- PHP applications like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, and MediaWiki etc
- CMIS support allows it to talk to other document management Microsoft SharePoint, IBM FileNet, EMC Documentum
- File based access: CIFS, WebDAV, NFS, or FTP file to access Alfresco content can be used to push or pull document from or with other applications
- Other: Open search, feed, web script, .Net applications
Viznet has integrated Alfresco with propietary software for Data vizualization as well as with OpenLayers to provide robust Data Management and Geospatial solution for our client an Oil & Gas industry Company.